Christmas is only a few days away and we all know what that means: The stress of finding the last presents for your friends and family. Today I want to share a simple DIY which will leave you with one less worry.
It is extremely simple, only takes half an hour and can be very meaningful. If you are looking for a personal selfmade gift idea, this is the tutorial for you. Intrigued?
Here is the tutorial on how to make your own ‘Home Is Where The Heart Is’ map art to give as a present to the people you love or even to yourself:
1. What you’ll need:
- A Map Of Your Desired Location (I got mine from an old telephone book)
- My Printable Heart Template
- A Picture Frame
- Red Thread
2. Cut a heart shape out of your map. To do so first chose a location you want to include in your map heart. Place the heart template on the map, trace the outline of your heart and cut it out with a regular pair of scissors.
3. Glue your heart onto a thick piece of white paper to give it the needed stability while still allowing you to stitch a heart with your needle and thread.
4. Stitch a red heart. The fourth step is completely optional but I like it because you can make your framed heart more meaningful. If you are doing this DIY to give it to someone you love why not circle the place you met at or a different location with personal value. I simply knotted the red thread at one end and used a needle to go in and out creating a heart shape on the map.
5. To make the map art even more precise, go ahead and use one of the many online resources to find out the coordinates of the loaction you have chosen. Add these coordinates together with the general location underneath your heart.
6. Frame It.
I was surprised by how easy this DIY really is and love the result. Why spend a ton of money on something you can make yourself?